Do you live in Phoenix and are concerned about termites? Do you know what to do if you think you have an infestation? If not, don't worry; ACTION Termite & Pest Control is here to help. We've been Phoenix's trusted name in termite control for over 50 years. We understand how important it is for homeowners to have a safe and healthy home, and we are committed to providing the highest level of service.
Termites are one of those pests that most people know too little about until it's too late. We often get questions from clients about what termites in Phoenix look like, how they can tell if their home has them, and what a potential infestation might look like. We will answer all of these questions and more, including why professional termite pest control in Phoenix is the only real way to eliminate these pests. Stay informed and protect your home with ACTION Termite & Pest Control.
What Do Termites In Phoenix Look Like?
Termites are small, winged insects that consume wood and cellulose materials. This is why they so often cause damage to homes and other structures. Here in Phoenix, there are three main kinds of termites that we deal with: subterranean, dampwood, and drywood. All three types can cause damage to your home, but each one is a little different.
Subterranean termites are the most common type in Phoenix. They live in colonies underground and build mud tubes to travel to their food source, which is usually wood. These termites are small, about 1/4 of an inch long, and have pale brown bodies with dark brown heads.
Dampwood termites are slightly larger than subterranean termites, and as their name suggests, they prefer eating wood that is damp or has high moisture content. Dampwood termites are dark brown or black in color and can be up to half an inch long.
Drywood termites are the other type of termite you'll find in Phoenix, and they can be up to 3/8 of an inch long. These termites are dark brown or black and prefer to feast on dry wood. Drywood termites usually live in small colonies and do not build mud tubes.
Any of these termites in Phoenix can cause damage to your home, so it's important to be on the lookout for all of them. If you see any insects that look like flying ants, it's a good idea to contact a professional termite removal company like ACTION Termite & Pest Control. We will be able to identify the insects and determine if they are termites or not. If you do have termites, we will develop a customized treatment plan to eliminate them and prevent them from coming back.
How Do I Know If My Home Has Termites?
One of a homeowner's worst fears is coming home to find their house infested with termites. You may be aware that these wood-eating pests can cause serious damage to your home, but what you may not be aware of is the fact this damage can happen without you realizing it. In some cases, termites can eat away at the wood in your home for years without being detected.
Additionally, some things may make your home more susceptible to a termite problem, including:
- Wood that is touching the ground: Termites are attracted to wood that is in contact with the ground because it is an easy source of food.
- Cracks in your foundation: If there are cracks in your foundation, termites can use them to get into your home.
- Moisture: Termites are attracted to moisture, so if there is a leak in your home or you have poor drainage, this can be a problem.
- Wood that is damaged: If there is already damage to the wood in your home, termites will be attracted to it because it is another easy source of food for them.
If your home has any of these problems, it may be at greater risk for a termite infestation. It's important to be vigilant and keep a lookout for the signs of these pests. You can also contact a professional Phoenix termite control company like ACTION Termite & Pest Control to come and perform a professional termite inspection. Our highly trained and experienced technicians will be able to detect termites no matter where they are hiding in your home.
What Does A Termite Infestation Look Like?
A termite infestation can be difficult to spot because these pests are small and secretive. However, there are a few common signs that you might have termites:
- Mud tubes: As we mentioned before, subterranean termites build mud tubes to travel from their colonies to their food source. If you see mud tubes on the exterior of your home or in your crawl space or basement, it's a good indication that you have termites.
- Wood damage: Termites eat wood, so if you see any damage to wood in your home, it's a good sign that you have an infestation. This damage can be in the form of tunnels through the wood, hollowed-out wood, or sawdust around the damaged area.
- Wings: If you see discarded wings around your home, it could mean that you have termites. These wings are actually shed by termites when they are ready to mate and start a new colony.
- Termite frass: This is a combination of wood shavings and termite waste. If you see termite frass around your home, it's time to call for a professional termite inspection.
- Blistering floors: In some cases, you may see blistering or raised areas on your floor. This can be caused by termites eating away at the wood from below.
If you see any of these signs of termites in your Phoenix home, it's important to call a professional pest control company like ACTION Termite & Pest Control as soon as possible. We will come out to your home and inspect for termites, and if we find an infestation, we will develop a plan to get rid of them.
How Does ACTION Termite & Pest Control Get Rid Of Termites In Phoenix?
When it comes to termite control in Phoenix, there is no one better than ACTION Termite & Pest Control. Since 1969, we built our name on providing effective and reliable termite control services, and we've stayed true to that promise. We're a family-owned and operated business, so we understand the importance of protecting your home from these pests.
Termites are difficult pests to deal with, and not all pest control companies are equipped to handle them. That's why it's important to call a company like ACTION Termite & Pest Control that has the experience and expertise to get rid of them in the most effective manner. We use the latest technology and methods to get rid of termites, and we will work with you to develop a plan that meets your needs.
Our inspectors each have more than 20 years of experience in the pest control industry, so you can rest assured that your home is in good hands. We're familiar with the many different construction types of Arizona homes, as well as the termites that infest them, so we will know how to properly treat your home.
We also offer a free inspection, so there's no risk in calling us to see if you have termites. If you do have an infestation, we will develop a plan to get rid of them and keep them from coming back.
We offer a variety of treatment methods, including:
- Full Drill Treatment: If you have a floating slab-constructed home that is suffering from termite activity, this is likely the best option for you. This treatment involves treating the exterior of the foundation around your home's perimeter as well as drilling through the foundation to treat its interior.
- Perimeter Treatment: This is the most frequently used termite control technique. It entails drilling numerous slabs, including the garage, and trenching soil along your foundation.
- Soil + Problem Area Treatment: This is the ideal solution for post-tension homes where it's not possible to drill into any slabs or the garage. With this treatment, we will treat the soil around your home's foundation as well as problem areas that may be attracting termites.
- Bait Station System: If your home has decorative slabs that can't be drilled into or if the soil around your foundation can't be treated, we may recommend using bait stations. This system uses termite baits to lure termites away from your home and into the stations, where they will be eliminated.
No matter what treatment method we recommend for your home, you can rest assured that our team will get rid of your termite problem quickly and efficiently. We're committed to providing the highest standard of quality service to our customers, so call us today to schedule a free inspection. Let us show you why we're the leading provider of termite control in Phoenix.