Help! There Are Scorpions All Around My Phoenix Property
December 30, 2022
No one doesn’t fear facing a scorpion one-on-one. These creatures are frightening just looking at them. They are undoubtedly dangerous and very aggressive. That’s why you should do everything possible to keep them away from your Phoenix home. One way of doing this is to contact ACTION Termite & Pest Control for the best Phoenix pest control services.
Scorpions are unwanted guests in your home. This guide explains the signs of scorpion infestation and what you can do to eliminate Arizona scorpions.
How To Tell If You Have A Scorpion Problem
If you are getting concerned that scorpions might be in your home, the following signs can help you confirm their presence:
- If you have seen a dead or live scorpion in your home, there are signs that there could be many more of them.
- The presence of scorpion droppings; they look like sand patches.
- Scorpion tracks. Their tracks look like a track or a smear on tiny pebbles.
- Scorpion eggshells or cases; these cases look like small tic-tac containers.
Once you confirm the presence of scorpions in your home, call ACTION Termite & Pest Control immediately to help remove scorpions from your home.
The Issues Scorpions Around Your Home Can Create
There are different types of scorpions in Phoenix, but the one that poses a significant risk to humans is the bark scorpion. A sting from dangerous scorpions causes instant swelling, pain, and redness at the sting site. These stings can lead to high blood pressure, tingling, a high heart rate, nausea, muscle twitching, and difficulty breathing. Aside from the sting, a large population of scorpions can make your home unsightly with their droppings, dirty tracks, eggs, and so on. If you have been stung by a scorpion, contact a doctor immediately.
Factors That Attract Scorpions To Your Property
Naturally, scorpions prefer living outside, but they can sometimes come indoors for survival. Scorpions in Phoenix, Arizona, have often been driven indoors by inclement weather, thirst, and hunger.
When a group of scorpions is hungry, they will come into your house looking for insects and other creatures to feed on, especially if the population of centipedes, spiders, arachnids, arthropods, and other insects is low outside. Giant scorpions can also come looking for mice, snakes, and lizards. Call scorpion control experts immediately if you notice any scorpions in your house. They will take action and recommend ways to keep scorpions away from your home.
The Best Scorpion Control Solutions For Your Property
Scorpions will come into your home looking for shelter, water, and food. So, denying scorpions these luxuries is the best way to get rid of them in your home. Some of the steps you can take to control spiders in your Phoenix home include the following:
- Empty your composite piles, trash cans, and garbage cans regularly.
- Remove woodpiles, brush piles, leaf piles, and other yard debris.
- Trim back shrubs and tree branches close to your home.
- Eliminate moisture from your house by ensuring no leaks from your plumbing system.
- Limit hiding spots and food sources that can attract scorpions.
- Seal all crevices and cracks around or in your house.
- Store shoes on shoe racks.
The above tips will work to some extent, but the surest way to eliminate scorpions from your home is to work with ACTION Termite & Pest Control. Pest control experts know the safest way to drive scorpions away from your home. They provide a permanent solution for scorpions in Phoenix, Arizona. They also know the best way to kill scorpions and discard them. Call ACTION Termite & Pest Control today.