Common house spiders are unwanted pests that are very proficient at hiding and infesting homes without being noticed, at least in the beginning. If spiders have been hiding in your home, now is the time to find out where they might be nesting, learn the symptoms of a spider bite, understand how to effectively get rid of spiders, and discover how to keep spiders out of your home for good. If you are struggling with an active spider population, Action Pest Control provides pest control in Jasper you can rely on for safe and effective treatments.
Five Places Spiders Can Be Hiding In Your Home
These five hiding spots tend to be favorite spots for spiders to stay out of sight and multiply until you end up with spiders everywhere in your home:
- Garages: Because garages are usually dark and quiet, spiders often will spin webs there and lay their eggs. The same is true of basements.
- Light fixtures: Spiders and many insects are often attracted to sources of light.
- Plants: Plants make good hiding spots for spiders. Often other pests are there and can serve as food supply. Some plants attract spiders too.
- Under sinks: Because spiders like dark areas with high humidity where they are unlikely to be disturbed, you will often find them under kitchen and bathroom sinks.
- In cluttered rooms: Clutter provides additional undisturbed hiding spots for spiders. Tidying up and dusting your home can go a long way in deterring spiders.
If spiders have been hiding in some of these areas, it might only be a matter of time before one of them bites you, making it important for you to learn the symptoms of a spider bite.
Symptoms Of A Spider Bite
If you get bitten by a spider, you might notice one or more of the following symptoms:
- Redness, a rash, blisters, or itchiness
- Dizziness, nausea, or vomiting
- Muscle cramps
- Trouble breathing
Don’t risk getting bitten by a spider, especially not a dangerous type. Instead, read on to learn how to effectively get rid of most types of spiders.
How To Effectively Get Rid Of Spiders
The best way to get rid of spiders is to combine natural ways to get rid of spiders, like keeping your home clean and free of food sources, with professional treatments. At Action Pest Control, we provide spider control in Jasper you can rely on. As one of the largest pest management firms in the Midwest with over 23,000 happy customers, your satisfaction is our main priority. Our licensed and bonded technicians can put your spider problem behind you permanently with safe but effective treatments and regular inspections in between treatments.
How To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Home
After treating your infestation, it is time to use natural pest control methods in addition to regular inspections to keep them out of your home. Ways to get rid of spiders naturally include keeping food sources such as leftovers put away, as well as treating any other pest infestations that you might have. Sealing cracks in your walls and foundation can also prevent spiders from coming inside, and installing door sweeps and fine-mesh screens on windows can help too. Finally, you will want to ensure that all leaks and sources of stagnant water are taken care of and that your home is regularly dusted and decluttered.
Don’t let common house spiders in Illinois take over your home with sticky spider webs and expose your household to potentially dangerous spider bites. Contact us today to schedule your free home inspection so we can determine why spiders are getting into your home and how we can get rid of them for good.