Phoenix is home to many spiders, and it is important to be on the lookout for these crawlers as they could get into your home. While having spiders crawl on your walls may be a nuisance, having the arachnids in your home could also be dangerous.
If you spot one spider in your Phoenix house, there is a chance of a larger group of spiders. Take proactive measures to get rid of spiders if you suspect an infestation. Phoenix pest control professionals can help you determine the extent of the infestation and contain it.
Types Of Spiders You May Find In Your Home
You can find different types of spiders in your Phoenix home. The common ones that could infest your home are house spiders, hobo spiders, black widows, tarantulas, and wolf spiders.
While some spiders may be harmless, others, like the black widow, are venomous. Therefore, if you notice any of these spiders’ activity inside or outside your Arizona home, get your home treated for the pests immediately.
The Problems Spiders Can Create In Your Home
While most people are unlikely to react to common house spiders bites, they can still cause problems in your Phoenix home when they invade. The common problems caused by these spiders are:
- Unkempt appearance: They lend an unkempt appearance to your home as they create many webs that require constant removal.
- They reproduce fast: Once they invade your home, their populations grow fast, making it challenging to contain them.
- Itchy bites: While most people may not react to their venom, house spiders bite when they feel threatened and leave behind itchy welts.
- A warning sign of other pest problems: House spiders feed on insects and love to stay where they are. A spider infestation is a sign of another bug problem in your home.
If you notice a spider invasion in your home, take care of the issue before it escalates and creates more problems for your family.
Five No-Sweat Spider Prevention Tips For Around Your Home
You don’t have to deal with spiders in your Phoenix home. Prevent an invasion from happening in the first place using the following tips:
- Clear food crumbs: Food will attract insects which can, in turn, attract house spiders to your home.
- Vacuum webs: Get rid of spiders and prevent their invasion by vacuuming their webs regularly to eliminate their shelter.
- Seal openings: Seal cracks and other entryways in your home that would allow insects and spiders inside your house.
- Clear vegetation next to your home: Don’t keep plants and vegetation that would shelter spiders against your house.
- Clear clutter: Remove clutter outside and inside your home, which spiders could use as hiding spots. Store firewood away from your home as spiders use it as breeding grounds and shelter.
To prevent a spider invasion, do your best to ward them off from your home. Keep your home tidy and eliminate other insects that would attract house spiders.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Dangerous Spiders Around Your Home
Sometimes house spiders will infest your Phoenix house even with the most stringent prevention measures. In this case, the best way to get rid of spiders and control an infestation would be to involve professionals. At ACTION Termite & Pest Control, we have the best spider control solutions to eliminate a spider invasion and prevent re-infestation.