Termites can enter your home through even the smallest cracks in your walls and other openings in your home. When they invade your home, they can be a health and safety hazard. They can transfer gastrointestinal diseases and eat into the wood causing structural damage to your home.
Do you suspect you have a termite problem? Take proactive termite control measures to prevent further infestation and structural damage. Because the pests can be complicated to exterminate, it is best to seek Phoenix pest control help from professionals.
What Are Signs Of Termites On My Property?
When you live in regions prone to termite infestation like Phoenix, be on the lookout for signs of termites inside your house to take necessary infestation control measures before the problem gets out of hand.
Here are common signs of termite infestation in your home:
- Blistering wood: Termites feed on wood from the inside out, causing the wood to warp and form visible cracks.
- Presence of frass: The presence of wood-colored termite droppings is a sign of active termites in your Phoenix home.
- Mud tubes: Termites burrow near your house’s foundation leaving behind mud tubes.
- Stuck doors and windows: Hard-to-open and tight-fitting doors can result from warping caused by termites.
- Spotting termites: If you see termites anywhere near your property, it is a sign of an infestation.
- Loose tiles: Termites introduce moisture to floors causing tiles to loosen.
Termites eat into wood, burrow tubes, and introduce moisture to floors causing noticeable damage to your property. If you spot any of the signs, you could be dealing with an active infestation.
What Attracts Termite Swarmers To My Home?
Different things can draw termites to your home. They feed on rotting and moist wood and prefer staying in moist spaces lest they die.
They also love mulches and gardens as they provide moisture and food sources. Firewood, wood piles, and dead tree stumps can also direct termites to your Phoenix home.
If your home has poor drainage and pools of water, it can attract termites, as they love water.
Can I Prevent Termites On My Property?
Do not wait until termites wreak havoc in your home. Take the following proactive measures for termite removal and prevention:
- Eliminate moisture: Moist environments attract termite activity. Keeping your home clear of moisture will deter pests.
- Repair leaks: Fixing broken pipes, gutters, and leaking roofs will ensure your home stays dry and prevent termites from attacking.
- Declutter your home: Declutter the inside and outside of your Phoenix home to eliminate environments for the pests to thrive.
- Create distance between wood and soil: Use stones to separate soil and wood in structures to prevent termites from attacking.
- Treat wood with borate before painting: Borate will repel termites and prevent them from nibbling on wooden items and structures in your home.
The best way to prevent termites from infesting your home is to deny them an environment where they would thrive. Keep your home dry by fixing broken pipes and leaking roofs to keep termites at bay.
What’s The Best Way To Get Rid Of Termites On My Property?
Are you struggling with a persistent termite infestation in your Phoenix home? The best way to get rid of them is to involve professionals. At ACTION Termite & Pest Control, we have the best termite treatments to eliminate the destructive pests from your home, prevent expensive structural repairs, and keep your family safe.