You may not think about termites in Phoenix much, but maybe it’s time to start. Termites are wood-destroying insects that eat the cellulose found in wood, damaging the structural integrity of your home and leading to costly repairs. What’s more, they’re a big problem in the Phoenix area. The pros at ACTION Termite & Pest Control will discuss some easy-to-spot signs of termites and provide tips for preventing future infestations in your home. We’ll also cover how professional termite pest control in Phoenix can eliminate these pests.
Easy-To-Spot Signs Of Termites
In order to prevent serious damage to your home, it’s important to be on the lookout for signs of termites. Some common indicators that you have a termite problem include:
- Discarded wings near windows and doors: Termites swarm when they mate, and they shed their wings after doing so. If you find piles of wings near your home’s entrances, it may be a sign that you have termites.
- Mud tubes along the outside of your home: Termites create and use mud tubes to travel from their nests to their food source. If you see these tubes, it’s a good indication that you have an active termite infestation.
- Hollow-sounding wood: Termites eat wood from the inside out, so tapping on suspicious areas of your home can help you determine whether or not you have a problem.
If you spot any of these signs of termites in your Phoenix home, contact the professionals at ACTION Termite & Pest Control right away. We’ll be able to quickly eliminate the problem and prevent further damage to your home.
Termites Can Destroy The Structural Integrity Of Your Home
While termites may seem small and harmless, they can cause serious damage to your home. Termites feast on the cellulose found in wood, which can weaken the structural integrity of your home over time. If left unchecked, termites can even cause your home to collapse. This is why it’s so important to be on the lookout for signs of an infestation and to contact a termite removal professional like ACTION Termite & Pest Control immediately if you suspect you have a termite problem.
Contact The Professionals At The First Sign Of Termites
If you spot any signs of termites on your property, it’s time to contact the Phoenix termite control pros at ACTION Termite & Pest Control. For more than 50 years, we’ve provided termite extermination services that are second to none in terms of quality and customer service. We’ll work quickly to eliminate the problem using the latest and most effective technology and techniques. We can also provide regular termite inspections and treatments to help guard your home against future infestations.
Simple Tips To Prevent Future Termite Infestations In Your Home
In addition to being on the lookout for signs of an infestation, there are also some simple things you can do to prevent termites from taking over your home. Some tips for preventing a future infestation include:
- Keeping wood away from your home: Stacks of firewood are the perfect breeding ground for termites. If you must keep wood on your property, make sure it’s at least 20 feet away from your home.
- Keeping your gutters clean: Clogged gutters can cause water to build up around your home, which is a perfect breeding ground for termites.
- Reducing moisture in your home: Termites are attracted to moist environments, so reducing the moisture in your home can help prevent them from moving in. Some simple ways to do this include using a dehumidifier and fixing any leaks.
If you suspect you have a termite problem or just want to prevent one in the future, contact the experts at ACTION Termite & Pest Control. We’ll be happy to provide a free inspection and help protect your Phoenix home from these damaging pests. Give us a call today to schedule your free inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Phoenix.