If you’ve been seeing ants in your home and you’re not sure what kind they are, it’s important to do some research so that you can take the appropriate steps to get rid of them. Carpenter ants are a common type of ant found in Phoenix, and if they infest your home, their wood burrowing habits can cause a lot of damage. ACTION Termite & Pest Control will discuss what you should know about carpenter ants if you start seeing these pests. We’ll share how to get rid of them for good with professional pest control in Phoenix.
How To Tell If The Ants In Your Home Are Carpenter Ants
While there are many different types of ants found in Phoenix, carpenter ants are one of the most common. They got their name because they build their nests by hollowing out wood. If you see large, black carpenter ants in your Phoenix home, they are likely nesting in your walls or another wooden structure.
One way to tell if the ants in your home are carpenter ants is by their size. Carpenter ants are much larger than other types of ants, so if you see an ant that’s significantly larger than the others, it’s likely a carpenter ant. You may also see carpenter ant frass in your home, which is the sawdust they create as they tunnel. You might even spot carpenter ant swarmers on your Phoenix property. Swarmers are winged carpenter ants that leave their nests to mate and start new colonies.
A Carpenter Ant Infestation Can Cause Many Problems Around Your Home
If you have a carpenter ant infestation in your home, it can cause a lot of different problems:
- Weakening of structural support: Carpenter ants tunnel through wood, which can weaken the structure of your home over time.
- Damaged insulation: As carpenter ants tunnel through your walls, they can damage the insulation, making it less effective.
- Holes in walls: Carpenter ants leave behind small holes as they tunnel, which can let other pests into your home.
- Increased risk of fire: If carpenter ants nest in your electrical wiring, it can increase the risk of fire.
Carpenter ants are not a pest you want to ignore. Make sure to keep an eye out for signs of carpenter ants so you can take steps to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Factors That Attract Carpenter Ants To Your Home
There are a few different factors that tend to attract carpenter ants to homes:
- Moisture: Carpenter ants like to nest in damp or wet wood, so if your home has any leaks or moisture issues, it could be attracting carpenter ants.
- Stumps on your property: If there are any stumps on your property, carpenter ants may build their nests in them and then come into your home.
- Stacks of wood near your home: If you have a firewood pile or any other stacks of wood near your home, these can also attract carpenter ants
By taking some simple precautions, you can help prevent carpenter ants from infesting your home in the first place.
How To Get Rid Of Carpenter Ants In Your Home For Good
If you already have carpenter ants in your house, it’s important to take steps to get rid of them as soon as possible. The best way to get rid of carpenter ants is with a professional pest control company. At ACTION Termite & Pest Control, we’re experts at eliminating carpenter ants in Phoenix. We’ll work with you to find the best solution for your home and make sure that the problem doesn’t come back. If you’re seeing carpenter ants around your property, contact ACTION Termite & Pest Control today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Phoenix. We’ll be happy to help you get rid of them for good.