The most common ants that invade homes in Phoenix are Argentine ants, carpenter ants, fire ants, odorous house ants, pavement ants, and pharaoh ants. It is fundamental for proper ant pest control to determine which species is the invader.
People often believe that ants are mainly nuisance pests, but they pose risks that make it essential to reach out for help for ant control solutions from a Phoenix pest control company.
While it is often easy to recognize an ant, correctly identifying the species is vital if you want to avoid carpenter ant damage to your home and protect your family from fire ant bites and stings or some of the illnesses ants spread.
Types Of Ants Invading Phoenix Homes
We’ve mentioned the various types of ants, so let’s go through each type and learn a little about them. All varieties pose a threat to your family’s health because they contaminate food and food surfaces.
The most common sign of an Argentine ant infestation is seeing trails of ants often traveling up the side of your house. Odorous house ants live up to their name because of the terrible smell they emit when killed. Pavement ants in Phoenix are the ones you often see nesting in cracked pavement.
Some ants cause more risk than others. Carpenter ants in Phoenix can cause significant damage to structures while creating tunnels throughout the wood in your home. Various types of Arizona fire ants can inflict painful stings and cause allergic reactions in people sensitive to stinging insects.
Pharaoh ants in your home cause a threat to your family’s health. Pharaoh ants are noticeable because of their pale yellowish-red coloring. They are capable of spreading more than a dozen disease pathogens.
Why Are Ants Taking Over My Home?
Below are some factors that attract ants to homes:
- During dry periods ants may enter the home in search of water; in this case, you will see them in bathrooms or other areas with high humidity.
- Ants will eat just about anything, including crumbs from your food and pet food.
- Heavy rains can flood ant nests, sending them searching for shelter in your home.
- While searching for the best pest control for ants, you have likely tried to purchase ant control solutions, such as baits, that are often ineffective.
Practical Ant Prevention Tips For Your Phoenix Home
Here are some ant prevention tips that can help stop the problem before it even starts:
- Seal all cracks and crevices that may provide entry to your home.
- Keep branches, and trees cut back from the house.
- To avoid carpenter ant damage to your home, watch out for moisture problems; they are attracted mainly to softened wood.
- Keep counters and floors free of crumbs.
- The best pest control for ants is to enlist the help of professionals that can correctly identify and get rid of the ants promptly.
Constant vigilance is necessary to help prevent an ant infestation in your home.
Total Ant Control For Phoenix Residents
Now that we have learned about the danger of fire ants, pharaoh ants, and carpenter ants in Phoenix, it is clear that professional help is your safest bet. No species of ant belongs in your house. Following the ant prevention tips can help, but these clever insects often find a way in any way.
ACTION Termite & Pest Control is here to help prevent and remove your ant problem; take ACTION now and contact us today.